How Portland College Process your Data
Portland College, Nottingham Rd, Mansfield, NG18 4TJ (01623 499111), is committed to protecting your personal data and informing you of your rights in relation to that data.
Portland College is registered as a Data Controller under the Data Protection act 1998.
As a data controller we are responsible for providing transparency when processing your personal data and for informing you about the different ways that we collect and use your personal data.
Under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to:
- Be informed about the collection and use of data
- Access your data
- Have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
- Have personal data erased
- Request the restriction or suppression of your personal data
- Obtain and reuse personal data for your own purposes across different services
- Object to the processing of personal data in certain circumstances
- GDPR covers all rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Data Protection Policy
Please click here to download our latest Data Protection Policy
Data Protection Records
Please click here to download our latest Data Protection Policy Records
Update your Communication Preferences
Please email email@example.com to update your Communication Preferences.
What are cookies?
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
How do I manage my cookies
- Cookie settings in internet explorer can be found here
- Cookie settings in Firefox can be found here
- Cookie settings in Chrome can be found here
- Cookie settings in Safari can be found here
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site
- These are anonymous cookies, which do not store any personally-identifiable information other than IP addresses
- Social cookies are used to help tailor your user experience
- On some pages there is the option to share the page with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus
- These cookies are only used if the visitor chooses to share the page by clicking on the links
- On some pages of our site we have embedded YouTube videos from our dedicated YouTube channel
Cookies we set
- Email newsletters related cookies – this site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users
- Forms related to cookies – when you submit data through a form, such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence
- Site preferences cookies – in order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences
- Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.