Pathways Advisor - Worksop
Since opening in 2017, Portland Pathways has received 4 prestigious Awards in recognition of its community impact. The Programme has received almost 1200 referrals, secured over 200 jobs and enrolled over 500 people onto Recovery College courses, designed specifically with the NHS to support people with their mental health.
This position is an exciting expansion opportunity to work on a successful, flexible Programme where the Customer really is at the heart of everything we do.
The Portland Pathways Program was set up by Portland College with a focus on bridging the disability employment gap locally. Originally opening in Mansfield, we now have offices in Sutton-in-Ashfield and Worksop and plan to open a Newark office early 2023. Our programs offer 1:1 and group support to help people with disabilities and mental health challenges to develop skills and prepare for and find long term, sustainable employment.
As Pathways Advisor, you will:
- need to have an appreciation of the needs and employment barriers of people with disabilities and learning difficulties;
- support a caseload of individuals locally in Worksop, seeking access to the Recovery College or Employability Pathways, providing employment guidance and support, you will identify the best Pathway Service for that individual to secure long-term, sustainable employment;
- have a relevant Qualification up to Level 3
- be expected to assist with Individual Job Search Activities, Job matching, Application and Interview Support, manager referrals to local support Agencies and Programs, assist in the preparation of CV’s and Cover Letters to a high-quality standard and attend Employment & Job Fairs.
- engage with employers to encourage, and advise them on the potential for employing disabled people and deliver appropriate awareness training;
- promote the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP’s) Disability Confident Scheme, increasing numbers of Employers signed up locally;
- be expected to cover other offices as necessary (travel expense policy in operation);
Portland Charity is a specialist College, residential care provider and Centre of Excellence for Autism. We believe everyone with disabilities should have a lifetime of opportunity.
We are a safe and happy place that helps people to lead more independent and fulfilling lives. Our education and care programs focus on three themes: independence, health and well-being and employability. Everyone has different needs, so we tailor our programs for people to focus on achieving their goals, their way. Ofsted and CQC rate us as Good, and we have won several awards for our wonderful provision.
At Portland Charity our staff are at the heart of what we do, we are passionate about our vision and dedicate our careers to improving the lives of people with disabilities. Our priority is to create an outstanding place to work and a happy working environment where the rewards of a job well done can be seen in the faces of our learners and citizens.
Many of our staff have a disability and we’re proud to hold Disability Confident and Mindful Employer status which recognises our positive approach to physical and mental health at work. Applications are completed via our online recruitment portal, if you require an alternative format to enable you to apply for this role then please contact Nikki Amirsaeedi, Employment Projects Manager on 01623 499192 for assistance.
Please note – CVs submitted will not be considered as part of your application.