Pathways Advisor - Newark
We are outstanding, you can be too.
Pathways Advisor Newark (full-time) based in The Buttermarket Newark (and covering other offices as required)
The Portland Pathways Programme was set-up with a focus on bridging the disability employment gap locally. The Programme has already won 4 prestigious Awards in recognition of its community impact and continues to see excellent referral rates and job starts. We have also supported hundreds of people through our Recovery College courses, designed specifically with the NHS to support people with their mental health.
Originally opening in Mansfield in 2017, we now have hubs in Sutton-in-Ashfield and Worksop too. The Newark Office is a fabulous addition to our geographical coverage and is based in the heart of Newark in The Buttermarket. This position really is an exciting expansion opportunity to work on a successful, flexible Programme where the Customer really is at the heart of everything we do.
As Pathways Advisor, you will:
- Have an appreciation of the needs and employment barriers of people with disabilities and learning difficulties;
- Support a caseload of individuals locally in Newark, seeking access to the Recovery College or Employability Pathways, providing employment guidance and support, you will identify the best Pathway Service for that individual to secure long-term, sustainable employment;
- Have a relevant Qualification up to Level 3
- Be expected to assist with Individual Job Search Activities, Job matching, Application and Interview Support, manager referrals to local support Agencies and Programs, assist in the preparation of CV’s and Cover Letters to a high-quality standard and attend Employment & Job Fairs.
- Engage with employers to encourage, and advise them on the potential for employing disabled people and deliver appropriate awareness training;
- Promote the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP’s) Disability Confident Scheme, increasing numbers of Employers signed up locally;
- Be expected to cover other offices as necessary (travel expense policy in operation);
Working at Portland Charity:
You can see more about what we do at Portland Charity by looking at the Who We Are and Choose Your Future pages on our website https://www.portland.ac.uk/
You should hold a level three qualification in a relevant area appropriate to the role.
Your typical working week will be Monday to Friday working from 9am to 5pm but flexibility will be required.
Completing your application:
There are some other important things you need to know before you apply to work with us at Portland Charity.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, an overseas check where applicable and provide proof of their right to work in the UK.
Please note – We need you to complete an application form to fulfil our Safer Recruitment responsibilities but you can submit a CV and we will consider it alongside your application form.
In order to apply for this role, you will need to create a profile on our online recruitment portal, Face-Ed.
You will need to ensure you complete ALL sections of your profile before you can submit your application.
11th June 2023
Job Specific Documents:
Below are links to all the documents you will need, including the online application platform.Role Profile Person Spec Apply Here