Assistive and Adaptive Technology
Linked to AAC is the Assistive and Adaptive Technology (AAT) team who provide specialist technical support, working closely with the AAC team, Physiotherapy Department and Occupational Therapists.
The team covers all aspects of Assistive and Adaptive Technology including:
- Initial and ongoing assessment
- Advice regarding specialised Information Learning Technology provision
- The manufacture of bespoke switches
- The manufacture of bespoke, ergonomic access solutions, mounting kits etc
- Tuition in the use of environmental control units
- Support in using electronic AAC devices to access computers
- Maintenance and repair of AAC equipment/co-ordination of external repairs
Internal and external training
For further information on Augmentative and Alternative Communication or Assistive and Adaptive Technology please contact Matt Harrison, Research and Development Manager.