Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Portland College has a detailed and comprehensive Equality, Diversity and Inclusion scheme.
The College has demonstrated its commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion matters in a number of ways, including allocating specific responsibilities throughout the College, beginning at Governing Body level.
The targets we strive towards cover key themes:
- Promoting EDI within our programme delivery
- Promoting EDI in our working practices
- Promoting EDI in employment practices
- Promoting EDI in independent living and citizenship
We define Equality, Diversity & Inclusion as follows:
- Equality means treating people equally
- Diversity means recognising, encouraging and accommodating differences
- Inclusion, in both a social and educational context, means recognising every individual’s right to be treated equally, and to be accorded the same services and opportunities as everyone else.
Download the College’s Single Equality Scheme document..